Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday February 15th, 2014

Today I was fortunate to have an amazing friend who surprised me and took me to disney for the day. Trying not to talk about the show lighting, I am trying to make a post on natural lighting, or disney's attempt at recreating natural lighting.

I went on Pirates of The Caribbean, I wanted to see the way they created fire in the windows. Luckily enough the boats backed up and we were stuck in that room for a good 5-7 minutes. Giving me all the time to look and see how that was done.

My lighting Instructor had said that when they first did that ride it was a fan and strips of gel that gave the movement. I was intrigued how low tech.

While stuck in that section of the ride I noticed that they might have replaced that tech with white sheets in the windows that were blown with fans then the lighting bounced off the sheets gave the impression of fire movement. Still very cool how it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment